This month I had the opportunity to try out a new yarn – Cleckheaton's Australian Superfine Merino. It was such a treat to knit with these candy-colored brights! I found Cleckheaton's Superfine to be extremely soft and springy and a joy to knit with; it's silky and smooth and completely comfortable next to your skin. And this hat! It's pretty much perfect. As soon as I started knitting, my daughter asked if we could share it. HA. Definitely.
Australian Superfine Merino wool is recognized as one of the world's finest and is grown on specially bred Merino sheep that graze on sustainable grasslands. It is then lovingly twisted and dyed by the people at the Wangaratta Woollen Mills in rural Victoria. This magically soft merino warms you up in the cold and helps you feel cool when it's hot. But the best thing about this yarn is truly the softness.
This luxuriously soft and springy yarn comes in 30 amazing colorways – neutrals, brights and everything in between. You can see them all right here. The color combo I used to knit my 2 Colour Beanie was 14/Garnet and 52/Ice Green. Do you love this hat as much as I do? If so, you can download this awesome pattern for FREE. :)
Another very cool bonus is the tag that comes with this yarn. First of all, it's letterpressed and completely beautiful. And! You can sew the ribbon to your knitted accessory/garment as a tag! Love that so much!
And if that's not enough eye candy for you today, check out all of the gorgeous patterns on the Cleckheaton Superfine website. Wow. Here are just a few of my favorites. (Visit to the website to download.)
This super cool 'Knit It Yourself' Beanie kit!
- 2 balls of Australian Superfine Merino yarn (in Cardboard and Cream)
- printed pattern
- project bag
HOW TO ENTER
- Comment below telling me your favorite Australian Superfine Merino color(s).
- Like Cleckheaton Superfine on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
- Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only
- Giveaway is open until Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 11:30 PM CST.
- Comments must include a valid email address or Ravelry ID so I can contact you if you are the winner. :)
- Winner will be chosen via random number generator and will be contacted within 48 hours after giveaway ends.
A big thank you to Cleckheaton's Australian Superfine Merino for this wonderful giveaway. Good luck and thanks for reading! :)