You'll need some peanut butter.
And some melting chocolate.
And a few other things that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Reese's Wannabe Peanut Butter Cups/Eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups Wilton chocolate candy melts (or melting chocolate of your choice)
- waxed paper
1. Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter together until a soft dough forms. If it's a little bit dry or too sticky, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk. Stir until it becomes the consistency of Play-Doh.
2. Dump the dough onto waxed paper and pat it into a large circle, about 1/2 to 2/3 inch thick. Use a small cookie cutter (we used a circle Play-Doh punch) to make small shapes out of the dough. Arrange the cut-outs onto a plate and put them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Melt chocolate in a glass container for 30 seconds in the microwave. Remove, stir and heat another 30 seconds if needed. Repeat until the chocolate is runny enough for dipping. (Do not overheat!)
4. Remove peanut butter cut-outs from the freezer. Use a toothpick to skewer one of the shapes through the side of the shape (not through the top.) Dip it in the chocolate and gently shake off the excess into the bowl. Place the candy on waxed paper to harden. (If there's a spot where the peanut butter didn't get completely covered – usually where the toothpick was – just drop a little bit of chocolate on that spot with a spoon.)
So good ... so good.